Thursday, November 4, 2010

the Grave Yard of the Brilian Ideas

As I study, go to lecture, do a homework or any other kind of educational activity I always instinctively try to find a way around, or to try the way that I am told it doesn't work and many time that costs me, but I believe that it will actually pay off in long time. Any way, maybe I am not that practical and realistic as I thought, but maybe I am more of the creative guy. I like to do a lot of interesting things and very different in the same time.
Michael O'Leary (for example) was an accountant, but he actually revolutionised the business model in airlines services. Actually he was so creative that my Management lecturer always talks about him and about his innovative idea of making business and Ryan Air.
Anyway, I did a personality test today on PFS, part of work for my current assessment and and it seems I am an explorer. What what means? Means that I seek novelty, crave variety and options, learn by trial and error, NEED INSPIRATION, enjoy discussions and debates, move on new topics quickly and I enjoy exploration, flexibility and discovery.
So... today while I was in MIS lecture, a brilliant idea hit me. It sounds, great and is based on Gillette business model. I find it quite good, and I am not arrogant when i say that. I just make a point that wasn't made by the test results.
The problems with my idea is that it has to go through the Porter's 5 Forces and to be presented in a way that increases and captures the value of this idea, otherwise it will lay down in the grave yard of Cristian's good ideas but will be of no use to me. But it could be maybe easier for someone who can come along with me and help me to capture the value of the idea and share the royalties with me. It would be a shame to find out at the graduation that someone else implemented my idea and i didn't, just because i didn't have a solution for capturing the value.

PS: for a Guardian profile of Michael O'Leary click here

No comments: